Some beauty guru’s say the chase of a limited edition makeup palette is what gets them excited but for me, trying out new skincare products is just as thrilling.
In the last year, my skincare routine has changed frequently because I’m fortunate to have some generous PR packages sent my way as an industry insider. Thank you by the way to all my incredible PR contacts, you keep me smiling! I’m always grateful for that lovely perk.
Discovering advanced technologies and organic blends of effective anti-aging, skin clearing, texture smoothing, pore refining, luminosity boosting items are often much more intriguing than a bold lip color. The feeling of waking up w baby soft skin from the night before’s skincare detox always keeps me in love with the beauty industry. Plus, night is my usual time I set aside for writing and winding down from the day’s hustle; a good face mask is my go-to cure for a relaxing moment to myself.
These are a few of my current skincare favorites; not everything I’m using but my most used products of the moment.
(Not in any particular order)
- Dior One Essential Serum has been a part of my skincare regime for nearly 4 years and I can always tell when I skipped a day of applying this miracle treatment. It’s worth the price tag and can be used with any brand making it perfect for my lifestyle. (photographed is the little sample size since it was taken on a weekend trip away from home but I have the bigger version in my bathroom)
- Caudalie Enzymatic Peel Mask is a tingling treat as it stimulates exfoliation and provides instant skin clarity. I have been using this religiously 1-2x a week for a few weeks and my skin is loving it.
- Jurlique Herbal Recovery Night Mist is a product I use anytime of day. The fine mist feels completely refreshing and doesn’t sit on the skin as water beads, it absorbs quickly and smells divine.
- Muji Cleansing Oil is a product I picked up as an impulse add on during a trip to the store in Downtowm San Jose in a trial size and I’m absolutely obsessed! The oil feels luxurious without a ridiculous price and removes makeup completely. I will most definitely be purchasing the full size version once mine runs out.
- One Love Organics Morning Glory is a lightweight oil that moisturizes and protects skin from free radicals while offering on contact comfort. I have used this on myself and also makeup clients and I cannot praise it enough for imparting a naturally dewy glow. Love, love love this! ( One Love Organics sells ‘discovery’ sizes and full size options, the one in the photo is the discovery size)
- Laura Geller Beauty Lip Strip is my new best friend. Being a lipstick monster, my poor lips go through periods of extreme dryness making this the idea treat for flaking and dry patches.
- Earth Tu Face Palmarosa + Aloe cleanser creates just the right amount of purifying without stripping my skin of any moisture. It’s made by San Francisco herbalists which makes it that much more unique than any other foaming wash I’ve tried.
- Caudalie Cleansing Water is always at my bedside with a jar of cotton pads for nights when I’m feeling to tired to be by the sink. It removes makeup quite easily and doesn’t leave a sticky residue. I’m pretty sure the packaging available in stores now comes in a green bottle; I have the older version at home.
Have you tried any of my skincare favorites?