Extra bright sun and a lunch picnic with my mini me today called for quick no makeup-makeup with a punch of pink on the lips. Yes, I may have a slight obsession with bright lips but this 82 degree SoCal weather is another lovable excuse to celebrate brights year round. With Thanksgiving just a couple days away, avoiding anything resembling a retail store is my idea of a relaxing dayoff. We split a peanut butter sandwich, tangerines and a couple of chocolate covered vanilla ice creams. Pretty idea Tuesday afternoon, right?
Today’s Beauty Line Up:
1. Supergoop CC Cream Daily Correct Broad Spectrum SPF 35 Sunscreen in Medium to Dark Self Adjusting Shade. This is an easy, non-irritating sunscreen that gives a sheer skin-like even tone to the complexion. The texture is quite rich so a minimal amount is perfect to dot on the high points of the face; just blend with fingertips. It’s the perfect no-fuss way to protect the skin while looking polished. As an added bonus this dries down to a natural matte finish and can be used as a primer for foundation if desired.
2. L’oreal Visible Lift Blur Blush in shade Soft Peach adds a flush of soft rosiness to the cheeks without looking like makeup. Though this is a pocket friendly priced beauty item, this is certainly a velvet soft-to-touch cream consistency that is comparable to a few high end counter parts. Today, I tapped on a small amount to the center of the cheeks and put the excess on my lips to give a quick stain.
3. Tata Harper Replenishing Nutrient Complex is a skin lifesaver! I adore the cool to touch rollerball applicator and the organic aromatic essential oils it imparts onto the skin. On most days, I swipe this over the entire face and let the ingredients soak act as a barrier to lock in my other skincare products. I’ve also found great use of this when rolled on the lower eye contour. It give a bit of a glow which camouflages any signs of fatigue.
4. Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick in shade Jilted. Of all my Urban Decay Lipsticks, this is the least used shade since it is quite a unique neon duo chrome finish. This is an I want to be noticed, ‘look at me’ shade which brings immediate life to a tired complexion. This satin lipstick is full coverage, long lasting and adds intrigue for a basic no makeup-makeup day.
5. I feel I don’t give enough love to my eyeko mascara collection. The Skinny Brush Mascara is everything a thin lash craves for a more voluminous, lengthy eye look. The packaging is genius especially since I despise mascara tubes that dry out in a month and the brush is the perfect ratio of long and short bristles that grabs ALL of my eyelashes.
*Urban Decay Jilted, no filter just a flash.
On another note, I’ve finally joined the Twitter world and need some love. please follow me @rochellemua. Thank you friends!