Considering the last month passed me by with a quickness, from a ridiculous schedule of writing, work and makeup bookings, I managed to test and fall in love with many new and old beauty favorites. Currently my voice feels completely raspy and while I feel like recuperating after a night of discomfort from cough attacks and a stuffy nose I’ve chosen to work on some writing from my new Mac Book Air thanks to my husband.
Cheers to the beauty products that captured my love recently:
- Carol’s Daughter Manoi Oil: Applying this smoothing hair oil gets me a compliment literally every time I wear it. Having really dark black hair (yes that is possible) that is naturally really deep in tone makes it difficult to add dimension in between hair cuts. Adding a boost of shine always makes me love this delicious hair treat.
- Jurlique Fruit Enzyme Exfoliator: Intentionally, I decided to use up all of the physical exfoliators in my stash before using this one solely as my clear skin fix for the past month and I can’t say enough about what a difference this stimulating product does. Twice a week, place a thin layer of this tingly lightweight fluid over the entire face for a few minutes and reveal a totally refreshed, bright, smooth skin perfect for the dull skin weather that comes around when the seasons change. Those sensitive to abrasive scrubs will love this bead-free formula made of organic ingredients!
- Lush Oatfix Fresh Face Mask: I recently ran out of a clay mask that was a favorite and thought I would give the Oatfix mask a try as a purifying skin treat. At first application the scent drew me in as it literally smells like a bowl of breakfast with the banana and fresh oatmeal base. Who doesn’t love a lovely scent of sweet banana?
- Kure Bazaar Nail Polish: Let’s face it the French have an edge on many things including the amazing nail lacquers from Kure Bazaar. Opaque, full coverage application in just one swipe is what keeps me coming back to this beautiful formula made of natural and organic ingredients. Try it once, and you’ll know what I’m talking about!
- Inglot Matte Eyeshadow: Matte eyeshadows and I have a bit of a love hate relationship as I love the idea of them but never are drawn to purchasing matte eye shadows when I shop. I knew when I was in Newport Fashion Island that Inglot was one of the shops I really needed to explore since they have a pretty large selection of high pigmented shadows including mattes. I picked up a matte Navy and have my eye on a couple greens and warm browns for next time.
- Eyemimo False Eyelashes: On a fluke browse through Instagram, I saw a post for the Eyemimo Cosmetics Eyelash sample sale and since I’ve been obsessed with eyelashes this season I decided to order a couple pairs since they were only $1.50. I liked them so much that I placed a second order while the sale was still going on since the quality and look of the lashes were quite impressive.
- Dior Forever Foundation: This was the first foundation from Dior I was hooked on when I started working for the brand several years ago. The texture is really breathable with a medium to full coverage finish and most importantly the refined effect it provides lasts well, forever! Since my days are usually quite long it is a total plus to have a long wearing formula that feels weightless.